terça-feira, 27 de julho de 2010

As pressões a Israel continuam

As pressões a Israel continuam - desta vez foi a visita da Alta Representante e das considerações feitas por Ashton:

"I am very pleased to be in Israel today. I just had a constructive and productive meeting with FM Lieberman. This is my second visit to the region in my capacity as High Representative/Vice-President. Yesterday I met with PM Fayyad and today I visited Gaza and Sderot. I have also met with MoD Barak and will be meeting later this evening PM Netanyahu.

There are three main objectives for my visit in Israel:

First, to discuss the situation in Gaza. I have welcomed the new policy of the Israeli government as an important step forward.

As I have always said, Israel's new policy should improve the lives of the ordinary people of Gaza while addressing the legitimate security concerns of Israel. The position of the EU is clear: the blockade is unacceptable, unsustainable and counterproductive. It is not in the interests of any of those concerned.

If we can be of value and the parties agree, the EU is ready to support a smooth handling of goods at the crossings, based on to the Agreement on Movement and Access.

I fully agree that Israel's security is of paramount importance in moving ahead. I was in Sderot today and tomorrow morning I will meet the family of Gilad Shalit and share with them my deepest sympathy.

I cannot conceive of the terrible pain that Aviva and Noam Shalit have had to endure everyday of the four years since Gilad Shalit has been abducted. Gilad must be released without delay and the Red Cross representatives must now be allowed to visit him."

Remarks made by High Representative Catherine Ashton after meeting with Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman, Bruxelas, 18 de Julho de 2010, A 143/10


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário